08 April, 2011

Lent: The Musical (an addendum)

Over the past 30 days, I've been listening to a new album each day. And I am continuing to listen to a new record for the following 10 days. The whole point of this project is to add something positive to my life for Lent rather than removing one of my vices for the 40 day period. It just makes more sense to do something that I already enjoy doing everyday rather than not doing something I love doing. (See: drinking craft beer, eating ice cream, swearing, etc)

When I decided to take on this project, I added the extra task of writing a little synopsis about each record and giving it a star rating. I figured someone else out there might like the reviews and maybe, just maybe, someone would find out about some new music. Then, along came an app.

The nifty little app Soundtracking allows you to share what you're listening to as you're listening to it. You can check out what your friends are listening to as well. What's more, Soundtracking let's you show where you're listening to your tunes via foursquare integration. Of course, there are options to push your listening choices to Facebook and Twitter.

It's very simple to use. In most cases, all you have to do is listen to music and let the built-in music id program identify your music and share it with your friends. Just in case your tunes du jour aren't recognized by the app, you can locate them manually. This crazy little app can even tell what you're listening to on your iPod!

So, if you just can't wait to see which albums I'm listening to each day, go ahead and add me. My name is the first two words on this blog and my Twitter handle is @sklxbns. Let's go Soundtracking.